Department of Administration and Human resource Management
Head of Department: Astellah Kapinga
The Department has two sections, these are:-
1. Administration and Human resource.
2. Training and Continuous Professional Development.
To provide expertise and services on human resources management and administrative matters to the Hospital.
- To provide strategic inputs to management on Administration and Human resources Management issues such as recruitment, Human Resources Development and Training, Promotion, retention, motivation, Performance Management and welfare
- To ensure optimal management of Human Resources in the Hospital
- To provide data support and up-date records on various Human Resources information
- Interpret Public Service Regulations; Standing Orders and other Labor laws
- Facilitate employee relations and welfare including health, safety, sports and culture
- Provide registry, office records, messenger and courier services
- Handle Protocol Matters
- Coordinate implementation ethics and value promotion activities including corruption prevention education
- Implement diversity issues including gender, disability, HIV/AIDS.
- Coordinate recruitment, selection, placement, confirmations and transfers for the hospital.
- Facilitate Human Resource training and development (career, professional, skills enhancement) for the hospital including Cadres under the Sokoine RRH
- Facilitate orientation/induction programmers for the new entrants
- Human resources planning to determine supply and demand needs for professionals under the Sokoine RRH
- Salary administration and payroll processing
- Coordinate implementation of Open Performance Review and Appraisal System (OPRAS)
- Process and update records of various leaves such as annual, sick, maternity, study and terminal
- Oversee employee benefits (pension, allowances etc) and entitlements
- Oversee services related to separation from the service (retirement, resignation, etc)